Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 month ago

Would chimerism show up in an Ancestry DNA test?

I mean, would the results in any way be able to confirm whether or not someone has chimerism? I'm just curious because I have two completely different hair types- super curly, and almost dead straight. I've been wondering lately whether or not I had a twin who died in the womb...

I know people can have mixed hair types, but the weird thing with me is that the top third of my hair is curly, but the bottom two-thirds are straight. It is a huge difference and if I lift a couple clumps of curls, you can clearly see all the straight hair- even at the sides of my head. It's very strange and makes styling my hair incredibly difficult. I haven't seen this in many people- maybe only 2 through an internet search whose hair is as dramatically different as mine is...

• Zirp

probably not. Your cheek-saliva probably has just one genome. You need to compare that to the DNA of some other part to find a different one.

or you need to be examined under UV-light (according to CSI on TV)