Am I dumb for not understanding physics?

This is gonna sound rather silly but I have a degree in math/statistics with a side of computer science (programming). However, I cannot for the life of me understand a word or concept of physics. I will admit my abstract intuition is stronger than my physical institution but at the same time it makes me feel dumb given that someone who loves math, calculus, statistics and computer programming how they could fail to pick up a subject like physics? Has anyone ever been in a similar situation to this? Everyone tells me the two are very different and require different ways of thinking. Thanks for all your answers.

Physics and engineering are?applied math. Not everyone can see how the math applies to real life situations. That's especially true for quantum mechanics. 

Even highly intelligent people have different strengths and weaknesses. An intelligent person usually understands this, and doesn't let their uniqueness bother them.

• Paul

In math the problem is given to you to solve.  In physics you have to  discern the problem from the facts and then solve the problem.  You seem to have trouble visualizing the problem well enough to write it down in mathetical terms.

Source(s): Senior Scientist Emeritus

No. Sorry I actually don’t know a lot about physics or math, though I like both. But to me it’s because math is pure logic but physics requires more experiments.