.
. asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 4 weeks ago

Do stepparents name their new baby with the same name(s), just to spite their step-kids?

https://slate.com/human-interest/2012/08/dear-prud...

This is what I found, and I thought it was sad that someone can enter a family and do things just to spite their stepkids. With all the names there are in the world someone enters an already made family and take the names of the first children of a previous relationship, and use those name for their own children.

The ex could have easily had a father and/or brother named Adam, and so their first son was named after family member(s). That could be the reason why the ex was livid. I would have reacted the same way if my ex ended up with a second son with the same name as the first. George Foreman had 5 sons named George, all from different partners. 

Not usually, but it possibly happens sometimes.

• Snid

It's really an individual indecision 

no thats not good at all. i think its bad.  but still even if its a conicidence, could have varied the names a little bit. But sometimes its okay. some names can be used as middle names. The stepparent has a sentimental value to that name. but as first names i can understand. 

what would be really weird is if he named the kid after your dad or she named after your mom.