? asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 month ago

In your opinion, what is the most wrongly done dish, from your national cuisine, when you eat it abroad?

If you eat pizza, pad thai, or sushi abroad, how does it taste compared to how it is done in your home country?

• John

I'm going to flip your question. The Italian food in America bears little relation to Italian food in Italy. It's like America just took the least interesting parts and made it their own.

From what I'm told, my national cuisine is difficult to find. It's been replaced by pizza and burgers and regular pub or bar fare. 

• Alpha

Having lived in the SW of the US where Tex-Mex and Mexican foods are very prevalent, I would say they are not well done outside of the Americas. I've had them in Europe and Asia, and they were not good.

But I've also lived more than 10 years in Asia, and I can definitely tell you that Thai food in the US is not that good, either. The quality of Thai food you can get in local mom & pop restaurants in Thailand is many times better than most of the really expensive Thai food [laces in the US. And that applies to sushi, too.

• Kenny

Bat soup .......