Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 3 months ago

How do some people take the bus in the winter?

Honestly, i never had to take the bus but how can people handle walking to the bus stop in freezing weather? How do you dress very well to avoid getting sick?

I know another option is taking an uber but that costs quite a bit more then taking the bus. 

• 1 week ago

Best spare parts for buses https://gazone.com.ua/

Neck scarf, ear muffs, coat, sweater, long johns, gloves, insulated duck boots.  Nylon socks,  Chapstick. Keep neck covered up. Don't overheat while on the bus.

• Jay P

You gotta do what you gotta do...

• Zyzzyx

Even if you take your own car you still have to walk from the parking lot

to your work. In some cases this is quite long.

• ?

The time it takes to get to the bus stop is often shorter than scraping the windows and driving in a cold car waiting for it to warm up. 

You're utterly pathetic. Contrary to populatr opinion, the meek do not inherit the earth. 

Because some people don't act like little kids, but adults and know how to dress and handle themselves in the world.

• Scott

I had to ride the bus to work years ago in the winter. It was about a 3/4 mile walk to the bus stop, then about 1/2 walk from the bus stop to my office. It wasn't that bad, as long as people shoveled their sidewalks like they were supposed to.

• Kelley

Personal choice.  Some save money by taking the bus.  Some are too poor to afford other forms of transportation.  Some are not able to receive a driver's license or have had their license removed so they take the bus.  Etc.  During cold weather one usually dresses with a jacket to catch the bus.  People usually try to arrive at the bus stop near their pick up time only to catch the bus so they are not in the cold weather for a long period of time.

I'd just put on a heavy winter coat and put a hat (or ear muffs) and gloves on and walk as quickly to the bus as you can. And I would also wear either a neck warmer or a scarf.