Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Now what do you think about a young minister talking about sex in study?

I don't think it is bad but he was talking about how a wife should not hold out on her husband and that if he wants sex she should be available for him. He also talked about sexual intercourse.

Favorite Answer

Many ministers believe it is a part of their job to counsel women into being subservient to their husband. If women come to a young male minister for his advice, they can expect to get the advice of a guy who went to seminary. Going to seminary does not make a person wise and experienced in the ways of the world. It's makes them an expert on the Bible. People need seek what they want. For myself, as a woman, it's 100% unlikely that I would seek female or marital advice from a young minister. So I think that if you have done so and don't like his advice, then you seek a far more experienced counselor.  And probably a female one. 

Not enough info to answer.

I would need to know the ages of the people who was speaking to.  Otherwise, no opinion.

• rick

Clergy men are chick magnets. Very few of them fail to capitalize on this.

In study? What is that?

"Seedy History" has good ideas as usual!

Ask the young minister if he is talking from experience or from a book he read. 

"If he wants sex......"?! What about a loving couple making love with each other?! Couples make their own decisions, whether based on what a young minister or anyone says. Of course nobody is above listening to other people's advice, but the ultimate decisions are theirs.