Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 4 weeks ago

Do Medical Assistants Draw Blood?

I am interested in the clinical medical assistant program. I have a fear of drawing blood from patients. I was wondering if drawing blood or giving flu shots is something that the clinical medical assistants have to do at work or would learn in clinical?

• RICK

Yes you do but yes its part of the course material. Back when I learned we had to practice on each other

• Rick

Yes, you`d have to learn to do that.  Believe me, after doing it about 20 or 30 times, you`ll no longer have an aversion to it.  Just get "good at it" and you`ll be totally okay with it.  Good luck.

No, you dont learn on the job,  you learn how to draw blood and give injections in your training program. You learn finger sticks, venous draws, heel sticks, and IM and SC and ID injections. You practice often on each other.

Of course. SMH.................