Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicCountry · 4 weeks ago

Is country music just 90s rock/pop with a pedal steel/fiddle thrown in now?

1 week ago

As sung by uneducated rednecks.

Some people use a banjo, some use a fiddle, some just use an empty jug of moonshine.

We can all agree the genre is horseshit.

. . . and hats.

That's not pure Country music. Some artist sing what they call "Pop Country". However, there are still some artist who sing traditional Country.

Some of it is, but there are still people playing traditional sounding country music too.

'Pop country' has destroyed much of what is left of the genre.

• Danny

Some people think so, but they likely don't like it anyway. Better to apply that to modern or new country than the much larger total of all of it. To really get it, spend time with Ken Burns' epic documentary Country Music. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_Music_(minis... )

The 'steel or fiddle are rarely used outside of country, at least. Likewise, cowboy hats, western-yoked shirts, pronounced Southern drawls, etc., which are often affectations. But they can all be staged by a country band doing 'whatever in a country take on it. Or they can help a starving rock band get some gigs by going "countrified". 

It ain't the tune, it's the band...

Rock tune, Steve Miller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJJvyPXPssg

Youtube thumbnail

...

Same tune, "countified", Alan Jackson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T3MgIRUwj0

Youtube thumbnail

...

• donnie

I really just don’t like it as much. I mean some of it’s good but that’s mixed in with a lot of garbage I don’t want to listen to. 

I like these songs and probably some others that just don’t come to mind 

Heartache medication 

One Margarita 

Hard to forget 

Gods country 

Hell Right

Those are really the only new country songs I like compaired to in the 2000s and even part that I liked almost everything. It’s pretty much a mass production take over like they take over everything else and make it liberal. Liberals don’t even like country music for the most part I come to find and yea there will be one liberal dislike my comment and try and tell me how “I like this country song” and it’s some random song I never even heard of before. Anyways I digress. This is a takeover even go back a few years it was not really country but still sounded good at least kind of like Y2K pop music it was catchy albeit would get annoying after listing for a long time. Now almost everything on the radio sucks ***. I mean take a look at Tim McGraw, Gorge Straight, Kenny Chesney, Steve Azar, Maranda Lambert, Lonestsr, Jake Owen, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Aaron Tipin, Darius Rucker, Jason Alden, Lee Ann Womack, John Denver, Martina McBride, Carrie Underwood, and the list goes on  and on listen to some of their songs and then listen to a newer country song it’s just not as good when many of the new good ones. There are so many other good singers I would just waste this whole list trying to put them all. Anyways I typed enough now 

No..............