Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Is our choice between more COVID deaths or never-ending lockdowns and further destruction of our economy?

That does seem to be the choice we face to me.

If we vote for Trump, he will push against lockdowns and to keep re-opening the economy.  This will mean more prosperity and less families facing economic hardships.  On the other hand, it will likely mean thousands, probably tens of thousands of more COVID deaths.

If we vote for Biden, he will push for more lockdowns, and to reverse the re-opening of our economy.  This will mean less more economic hardships for millions of more American families.  On the other hand, it will likely mean tens of thousands of lives will be saved from COVID.

Which is do you favor?  Impoverishing millions of American families?  Or tens of thousands of more COVID deaths?

Update:

Typo alert!  "less more" = "more"

12 Answers

Relevance
  • martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

That's exactly right.  Look at Melbourne, Australia.  No deaths, no cases even.  But rampant unemployment and closing of businesses.

• Jim2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. Biden will keep the economy open as much as possible, SAFELY. If you don't like coronavirus, but do like having money, vote for Biden.  We will never have a good economy again until we get rid of this virus.

• 1 month ago

Yes. Find the mild strain of the virus. Bread it fast. Use air dusting to spread it. In two weeks there will be fewer deaths than doing it this way. & all can open up. They also need a National get out side & breath deep day when they are spreading the mild form of the virus. 

• 1 month ago

With or without lockdowns, you will have more COVID 19 deaths until the vaccine takes over and eliminates most of it.  I am so thankful that President Trump supported the economy while also helping fight the virus.  When we survive, at least we'll have a home to come back to and a car to drive.  Another great thing is we have less deaths now because our doctors know how to medicate folks to keep them alive.  President Trump and his crew have done a tremendous job and I am very thankful for them.  Remember protect the elderly in your family by wearing a mask and social distancing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You are leaving out an important piece. The lock downs themselves lead to deaths and no where, have lock downs prevented the second surge. No one has of yet found the right balance either.  We do know, as of multiple senator statements this week. A vote for Harris is a vote for more media and big tech censorship of what we read, see, and hear. It is a vote to further control the flow of information to the citizens/people. In which country has this been a positive?

• 1 month ago

No. As Biden has stated, the economy cannot recover until we get control of the pandemic. That starts with a national mask-wearing mandate, mass testing, contact tracing and adherence to public health measures. Other countries have done it - - why can't the USA?

• 1 month ago

If there are more lockdowns, expect more deaths associated with suicide, drug abuse, alcohol abuse and domestic violence.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I agree with @Not You. I think the most "intrusive" thing you might see is a mask mandate. Which is really not a big deal. My friend in Australia is much more upbeat with what he and his fellow citizens had to do: 5KM restriction on travel. Masks. More. They were at a level 4 lockdown. It has been taken down to level 3. There are (in his province) 0 new cases and zero deaths. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think that in addition to a lock-down that may harm the economy, a Biden administration would act quickly to get money into the hands of people impacted by it. It's appalling how the US has completely bungled this, leading to long lines for food donations, when Canada and other nations managed to get it up and running immediately.

• 1 month ago

The answer is to open our businesses fully, give tax breaks to our job creators and businesses to encourage reopening, and to put COVID-19 behind us.

• 1 month ago

I don't think your assessment of Biden's plan is inaccurate. He's not planning on just locking down the economy and leaving everyone to rot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.