Which MLB team that has never won a World Series, can possibly win their first World Series title in the near future?

I know that the Rays never have, but they blew it, i wouldn't mind seeing them bounce back next season, barely last year, the Washington Nationals won their first ever World Series, which MLB team do you think is next, that has yet to win their first World Series title?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

For those of you living in the San Francisco area, the Seattle Mariners will win their first World Series title in the near future. In the Los Angeles area, the San Diego Padres will win their first World Series title in the near future. 

• 1 month ago

The Rays won their second American League pennant in 2020, but they are still searching for their first World Series title after coming up short against the Dodgers.

Tampa Bay is one of only six Major League teams without a World Series title. Here is a look at the half-dozen clubs whose fans are still waiting to celebrate, in order of how long each has been in its current city:

Rays (1998)

The Rays don't have a lengthy history like some of the other clubs on this list, although they have reached the World Series twice. They won their first AL pennant in 2008 before bowing out to the Phillies in a five-game World Series. Tampa Bay claimed its second pennant in '20, but lost in six games against the Dodgers.

• 1 month ago

The San Diego Padres or Tampa.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Milwaukee Brewers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In addition to the Rays, I think the Padres have the best shot of winning their first.  They've got a talented young corps and a good farm system.  And wouldn't it have been nice to see Tony Gwynn celebrate a San Diego championship?  RIP Tony! 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Some teams are like Joe Biden. They keep trying for the big prize but are too worthless to ever achieve it.

• 1 month ago

Padres, if those two pitchers return at full strength.

• 1 month ago

First, here is a list of MLB teams that have never won a World Series:

Colorado Rockies

Milwaukee Brewers

San Diego Padres

Seattle Mariners

Tampa Rays

Texas Rangers

From that list, I'd say the ones with the best shots at winning a title in the next 3-5 years would be San Diego and Tampa.  Both teams have good cores of young talent and seem to be on a clear upward trend.

San Diego reminds me a lot of Atlanta, who came within one win from the Series this year.  Their young players are fearless and the team has shown a willingness to spend when they feel they're close to contending.  

The Dodgers will remain strong, but they have a lot of veteran contracts expiring and a lot of young players due big raises over the next 3 years. I can see the Padres as a consistent Wild Card winner and could sneak into a division title before long.

If you look "on paper" Tampa should never have been in the postseason in the first place....they certainly shouldn't have had a better record than the big-money Yankees and Red Sox... but they did.

Yes, Cash deserves to be criticized for making the wrong choice in the wrong moment...but the Rays only got to that point because he made a lot more good decisions than bad ones.  That will continue....and now he is (hopefully) a bit wiser.

• 1 month ago

i wouldn't mind seeing the Brewers or the San Diego Padres winning it all at least once in my life-time, along with the Seattle Mariners.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.