Could a state governor raise the age rightfully to 21 so those 18-20 could fight in school like those 17 and under can?

Update:

Does a MMA club actually let you punch and kick? If you insult Hitler or Germany I will go postal on you so I hope the clubs allow that. If they do, I'll stop posting here and join one. 

Update 2:

You also don't mention that juveniles don't have their names or pictures released so nobody knows who they are. To me, that's not punishment and that by itself is why the age should be raised. 

Update 3:

And how exactly is JV stricter than jail? It's safer for sure. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. A State Legislature could pass such a thing and a Governor could then either veto it or sign it into law. But that would be just a state law and would have nothing to do with the other 49 states. Federal age of majority would remain at 18 (and your state would likely become very unpopular). 

• 1 month ago

Yes, states can control their age of majority.  A governor cannot, the legislature must do it.

• 1 month ago

17 and under CANNOT fight in school.  They can face suspension and expulsion from the school, and can also be charged with disorderly conduct/disturbing the peace, assault, etc..   They can be sent to a juvenile detention center, which is jail for kids..   Its EXACTLY like jail, maybe even a little stricter.

The government isnt going to change the age just so you can be violent either.  SPAM away..  It wont get changedIf you want to fight, join an MMA club.Pretty sure in a previous question you said you were 21+ anyways.

JV has stricter schedule..  Requirements to still do schooling, stricter rules.

Minors who a trialed as adults DO have their names released.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

This is a new record for you - posted 5 times in 10 minutes!

Could a Governor raise the age of majority to 21?  Yes.

The rest of your question is immaterial.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.