Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

When you get nightmares, do you typically awake naturally, or from someone shaking you out of it ?

I don’t really remember mine but last night got shake awake from it :P 

Typically I just wake up.

• Asep

I wake up naturally 

The rare times I do get nightmares, I go into sleep paralysis, and it's scary as hell, because my mind will trick me that I'm awake, I'm ok, nothing is wrong, then something is off and it starts all over again. It's like a Groundhog's Day situation: I'll dream a horrible dream (and with these, I'm usually home in my room, nowhere else), then I "wake up," but I'm not awake. Repeat 4, 5, 6, 7 times and I cannot get out of it or wake myself up at all. And every repeat starts the same: in my bed, things are normal, then something like a dog comes in that's not my dog, and I know, I'm not awake. UGH. Luckily, I only get these once a year, or every two years.

I have to think of my husband, or cats, or focus on something REAL in order to snap myself out of it.

• I awake naturally, a little unsettled.