Can a Job fire you Due To The Coronavirus?

Favorite Answer

i would hope not

Sure they can-

Businesses are struggling financially, and if they need to fire people to save money, they will make that decision rather easily! Also, due to limited hours, a lot of industries just can't feasibly afford to pay all their workers, there will be layoffs due to lack of shifts and positions, because of the virus.

The company I worked with, had to lay off a lot of people, due to the fact there just wasn't the hours and positions available due to restrictions and amount of people permitted indoors. I was one of those people who got laid off, luckily for me, I have senoirty and as a result I was able to be transferred to a different building but with reduced hours.

Welcome to reality.

• Foofa

Depends on the situation and the terms of your job. Many businesses are having to downsize or close because of the lockdowns. But a lay off is different from a firing.