Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Have to ever beat your kid then found out he was telling the truth?

Nope, it's not happen yet.

I have never raised my hand, or belt, or any implement designed for spanking, against my daughter. And, my soon to be 12 year old daughter is very much like I was as a child. She is smart, likes to push boundaries and has a sarcastic and sometimes a very antagonistic vocabulary. Believe me,  there have been times when I thought long and hard about tanning her hide. But, I never will.

As a child up to the age of 16, I was spanked on a frequent basis with a leather belt by my mom, aunt, and grandmother. It was always on my bare butt, and I always ended up crying and begging for the spanking to end. It was extremely humiliation and my family seemed to enjoy beating me and making sure that the whole world knew that little Candace got spanked. 

From 14 to 16, I got the belt for things that I did not do, more than I was punished for actions that I did. This was horrible and even after learning that I was not the guilty party, my mom would never apologize and would laugh it off, suggesting that there were things that I hid from her, that warranties a beating, so, I deserved it anyhow. I hated my family for years, until my mid 30s and still resent my mom for the excess spankings. 

Being whipped with a belt as a older teenager, for someone I did not do, was humiliating and put a wedge between me and my family. I still resent my mom, and aunt, who were responsible for the majority of my punishments. 

Too be punished while innocent is the worst experience for a teenager and i will never spank my child.

No, I've never beat anyone but my dad beat me and my brother and it didn't make the slightest difference what either of us had to say, truth, lies, odes, the alphabet in a different language...he just beat us.

ive never had kids but i wouldnt do that

No i didn't beat my kids.  

I have given a quick butt swat to a tiny child. I have delivered a few deliberate spankings to older children in situations where "time out" isn't workable. But I have never beat a child, never struck a child for reasons of my own temper and ego rather than for the best interests of the child. 

Beating up a child is not parenting. It's bullying.

Being a good parent is being a good role model.   Time to take a hard look at yourself.

No, never, because I was beaten as a child when I was telling the truth, and I never forgot it.