Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

Would you accept a gift a guy paid for with his parents money?

My boyfriend is 24 and is very dependent on his parents for everything. He doesn’t pay any bills, has no credit score, is a mommas boy, and his parents always give him money for things. He recently mentioned he wanted to buy me and expensive gift. However, I do not feel good taking an expensive gift he basically bought with his parents money. Would you? Would it be rude to tell him that? 

I would tell him that this is no necessary for you.

I would not take such a gift...

If you're so concerned about his financial disability then why do you see him at all?  

No it wouldn't be rude to tell him how you feel.

• T J

Why are you dating a mommas boy? life of hell, you will never come first in his life. good luck

It sounds like the problem is not how the gift was paid for, but what your boyfriend is like. if his character flaws are so noticeable, then let him go a find someone more reliable and independent because he is not likely to change.

I would not date a 24 year old who was dependent on his parents. What future could I expect with him?