Need help with buying a laptop for video rendering and light gaming?

I used to have a decent laptop, it worked great and all and I loved it but the GPU in it recently died and now I need help finding a laptop. I've tried looking, but for the most part, most laptops end up having an integrated GPU which isn't great or it has a GPU that also isn't great either. I do work with light 3D modeling and video editing, so I need something decently powerful but isn't too expensive (preferably under 1000).

Preferred specs:3rd gen i7/i5 or newer/ AMD equivalent CPUGT 1030 or AMD equivalent GPU

8gb RAM

I don't mind whatever storage it has given I'll likely replace it myself, and I already have a Windows 10 key

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm picky, I just need something that will work decent for what I do. Thanks in advance.

Personally, if you are doing video editing and gaming, just go with a desktop.  I built my desktop PC at around $715, but that was 5 years ago.

The problem with laptops is, generally, they're not made for gaming, unless you're spending $4000+ bucks.  The battery life sucks, they get hot quick, they're good for if you're on the road, doing word processing and emails.  Gaming and laptops just don't go well together, unless it's some expensive laptop you had custom made.

I say, save your money, research parts, and build a desktop.  That would be your absolute best choice, for video editing and gaming.

Why would you want a 3RD GEN i5/i7?? Do you know how old that is? We're on the 10th gen, dude. That won't be able to run anything, especially not 3D stuff.