Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Am I on the road to alcoholism? ?

For the last 3 weeks at least I am drinking a minimum of 10 cans of beer a day but most its enough to get me drunk. I know I broke some items accidently so far but I think it helps me sociably and just in general tbh. Am I going to become an alcoholic?

at least youre not allergic to alcohol lol im kinda jealous xD (i get red & rly itchy skin after drinking)

That's the democrat in you talking.  Trust me, if you're drinking ten beers a day then something else is going to stop you very soon... it might be a health problem or it might be a legal problem but the natural order of society will stop you before you stop yourself.

Yes, it sounds like you are.

Your there, get some help, stop it now.

That's not a good sign.

Something I noticed in my "soda pop is a replacement for mom's teat" (to paraphrase a summation of my) research is that serious problem drinkers do something counterintuitive to what an outsider might expect. They don't drink the hardest liquor they can find, they tend to drink standard 5% ABV beers. My thoughts are in line with what I said, for some drinkers the behavior is not to increase blood alcohol as high as possible as quickly as possible, it is in the self-soothing behavior related to oral stimulation, simulating breast feeding. Those who do drink liquor are also problematic drinkers but from the standpoint of who's an "alcoholic" we would need a definition of terms at which point we are forcing a dodecahedron into a square hole. If you are drinking 10 beers as a self-soothing behavior and can't interact with people without it, then yes, I would say you have a problem that needs to be addressed.

• kswck2

Only children ask these sorts of 'Questions' since adults are....well Adults. 

You're already an alcoholic 

• Goerge

Might as well just write off your life and hand in your service revolver. 

That's impossible to say. Being an alcoholic has nothing to do with how often or how much you drink.