Does Wikipedia write in simpler English now or have I gone better at reading the English language?

I have scanned through the Wikipedia articles related to STEM fields and the only stuff I don't understand are new words (that have their own Wikipedia article most of the time) and the math. Serious question.

Someone stroke my ego 

Favorite Answer

I haven't noticed a lowering of writing standards and levels in Wikipedia, so I would assume that the improvement in comprehension is mostly of your own doing.  Reading tends to work that way, the more you read, the more you are able to understand what was written.  You learn from experience.

There is a simple English version of Wikipedia, but not all the STEM articles have a simple English version of the article

The new words are old. It's paradoxical. If it seems to you that you understand Wikipedia it could be a mistake, too. I strongly prefer Britannica online.