Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

How can people watch someone treat another person so horribly and act like it's just a regular day and nothing is wrong?

Just another day in paradise. I’m sorry, but to remain unaffected by the cruel and abusive actions of toxic a person requires a total lack of empathy, and a lack of empathy is something that I wish I did not have. Sometimes I just want to scream, cry, and say please help me, but I can't. It seems that if physical abuse does not occur, then there really isn't a problem, and everything is ok. Too many people just don't realize the worst thing that could happen to a person is not only physical violence and death. I know what it's like to feel scared to death to trigger a toxic person, it’s like being held hostage in a relationship or marriage you don't want to be in, you feel so afraid to leave them because you saw how they reacted to situations that weren’t a big deal. To remain on the good side of an abuser, you take part in some of the most cruel acts done to other people, no matter how awful it makes you feel inside, toxic people have a way of brainwashing you in a way that makes you believe that what they are doing is the right thing to do as if the victim deserves to be treated so horribly  wrong. Maybe I do deserve to be treated this way. Personally, I have never experienced a healthy relationship or marriage, but I think that in a healthy relationship, you never have to feel afraid to say the wrong thing that will end in severe consequences, I don't know if this is just a fantasy, or whether it exists in real life. 

Yes i see it all the time i have had a pastor do it paramedics do i was even abused as a child and an adult atood by and did nothing . Its fear or they agree with the abuse 

You can leave. Go. Get the heck out of Dodge. 

You appear to be going through some rough circumstances, but I'm not sure what you're asking us or what your question is. Could you clarify? How can we help you?

Mean spirited individuals mess with your head well-being and health. You feel depressed about seeing them. Your anxiety increases. You can’t sleep at night. You need to get individuals like that out of your life. You might be feeling isolated in your experience so it can be extraordinarily useful and important to talk about it or even to ask for some support or help. Other people are going through what you’re going through and you don’t have to do this alone.