I have an encyclopedia set along with book case set, also has a world atlas. It says 1768 on it which I read is not printed date. Pricing?

SOME people here know S.F.A. about collectable books & how much they may be worth.  You'd be wise to consult some reputable book shops & dealers.  Otherwise, you may be throwing out something that may bring you quite a bit of $.    

T.D. troll is back, proving that the only things he knows are fellatio & analingus.     

• Marli

Kayla, what are the publication dates of your books?  An old set in good condition might be worth a little money to a collector.

The "1768" stands for the date of the first edition of the Encyclopaedia Britannica 

Typically, encyclopedias and atlases from the fairly recent past (WWII and later) have no value at all. Their information is often no longer correct, or in some cases was never even factual.

It's unlikely you could find a buyer at any price. I see these used for various crafts sometimes, either the volumes or their pages. The maps in an atlas make nice decoupage, for instance.

But I don't get what the 1768 is, if it's not a printed date. I hesitate to tell you to discard it or cut it up without knowing more.

Edit: Knowing that these are Encyclopedia Britannica helps. "...as to the value of Encyclopaedia Britannica sets, the basic guideline is that the 1st up until the 8th Editions have great collector values, defined by condition. The 9th and 10th Editions are so numerous that they are of small value; up to maybe $3-500 in good condition. Anything after the 11th, 12th, 13th (1910-1928) is basically worthless."

They unfortunately are not worth anything anymore.