Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 4 weeks ago

I'm getting married next year with my fiance but it seems like I'm paying for the whole wedding? ?

I told him that he need to contribute to the wedding but it seems like all the expenses falls on me. I already told my fiance I'm not getting married to myself its both of us who's getting married. I'm beyond stressed at this point. What do you think I should do?

• ?

If he's agreed to plans and a price and just isn't forking over his half you now have to consider whether you and he are on the same page in terms of attitudes about money. That is usually a deal breaker in a marriage. But if he agreed to one price and you're slowly inching that up and up and up because you're in the throes of bridalitis then you should listen to him when he tells you you need to stick to the original plan. 

Well, did you create a budget and agree to share THAT cost?

Tell him that you expect x amount of dollars every week. Then collect the money. 

If he does not pay, STOP the plans or resign yourself to the fact that you are about to marry a liar cheapskate.

• L

DUMP THE JERK and move on.

Dont marry him obviously. This is like a test and all you've found out is that your whole marriage you'll be paying for yourself and him.

Personally, I wouldn't marry him. Since he isn't contributing a dime toward your wedding, then I wouldn't say "I do".

• drip

He either doesn’t really want to be married or really doesn’t want a wedding/reception celebration. Maybe a court house wedding would do him just fine. 

I would suggest putting all wedding plans to a halt. 

Get couples therapy, especially focusing on finance and budgeting. 

Right now you two are not on the same page or even in the same book

• Trish

Seems like a sign of things to come.  He may expect you to always pay in the future.  You should both sit down and have a detailed conversation about the finances.  Also talk about the responsibility regarding chores around the house once you live together because he sounds like a big slacker.

I thought it's traditional for the parents of the bride to pay for the wedding. But maybe you and your guy made other arrangements.  If he can't help pay for his own wedding, is he going to be able to pay any bills after you get married?  I wonder.

Assuming you're planning on spending your entire life with him - talk to him?

• donnie

Yea he/she needs to chip in this is her/his wedding too. Not sure which you see if your the man or woman but this is definitely both of your wedding. But hey you know what you need to explain if you think your going to have a say in the wedding and plan it out then you better chip in some money or else I’m just going to make it what I want it to be