Is shutting down restaurants, and movie theatres again a good idea ?

Haven't most people who've been catching catching it from inside their home, not public 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It is where the numbers are rising significantly. Yesterday there were 28 states with 1,000 or more new cases with over 7,000 in Texas. Those cases are brought into the home by people who were out in public. Colorado hasn't shut them down but has decreased capacity in response to record numbers of Covid cases.

• Thorn
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes

No

If everyone listened to science this pandemic would have ended in June or July

• 1 month ago

Most of the spread of Covid has been due to so-called 'super-spreaders'.  These are typically young people (well, and the President) who feel invincible, go out to clubs and restaurants, don't wear masks, don't socially distance, and spread the thing with either no symptoms (estimates are around 30-40% of transmissions may be from asymptomatic people) or who just power through because they're experiencing light symptoms.

The national lockdown was absolutely, positively, indisputably a mistake.  But masks and social distancing protocols are good things and should stay in place.  Reduced capacity operation by restaurants and theaters and other entertainment venues is a good thing.  The difference is that we need the young & stupid to actually follow them.

• Goerge
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, 100% NO. Allowing for curb-side pickup and delivery should be allowed. The idiots who support shutting down businesses like that shouldn't be allowed to eat. It's the hospitality industry the snowflakes of today, the lying and greedy politicians and every lazy person who never took the time to learn to cook has depending on since um we evolved past hunter gatherers. Now that SARS-CoV-2 is here eating has, according to the idiots and morons in government and gen. pop. become hazardous to your health. Not until well after the initial spike did Congress implements a mask mandate for its politicians and some still flaunt that rule including the a$$h0|e in office and thankfully he reaped the rewards of that idiocy. Luckily the fat ba$tard didn't die. There are ways to operate remotely. 

Consider the way I have been purchasing groceries which has been online. There is an employee who works at the store who, regardless of what I do has a job and needs to report to said job. I am not adding to the problem by going to the store but instead I am asking, indirectly, that employee to do my shopping. They are not a 3rd party shopper like some other large companies are employing. As such I my reducing the risk to myself and others. I have a driver's note, applied during checkout, that tells them not to knock. They deliver the groceries, call to let me know the groceries have been delivered and they leave. 

There are creative ways to deal with this pandemic but people along with the government are too damned lazy and stupid to implement them. The multitude of parties is evidence of their stupidity. Weddings with dozens or hundreds of people? Bad idea. But it's a WEDDING!!!! Yes it is and you want them to live a long life right? Church gatherings? It's not profitable enough for them to conduct their services online even though it could be. Drive-in theaters could never work with movies, could they? We must create a clusterphuck of people and cram them in like sardines. The employees can't be expected to walk that much either. Nope a drive-in theater is an impossible idea that has never nor ever has worked. 

Let fear and ignorance propel you through this pandemic or use at least one brain cell.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes - obviously.  How do you imagine people could catch Covid-19 inside their own homes?  If they do, it's because someone has brought it in from outside, having had contact with someone who was contagious.

• 1 month ago

It's not a good idea and it won't be happening again.

• 1 month ago

It won't work if we have a president and government leaders encouraging people not to respect the shutdown.  We wasted the first shutdown because Trump sent mixed messages.  If President Biden pushes the idea of another shutdown, 40% of Americans will see it as their patriotic duty to spread COVID just to prove him wrong, even at the risk of their own lives.

Dr. Fauci said, months ago, that we could have wiped the virus out in three months if only 80% of people agreed to wear masks when they left home.  But when could you get 80% of Americans to agree on ANYTHING?

Millions of Republicans believe Trump is set to win the election by a landslide.  When he loses, they will be really upset, they'll be encouraged by Trump and Limbaugh to believe the election was stolen.  At the very least, they'll be doing all they can to spread COVID if only so Joe can be blamed for the whole pandemic.

Any goals or objectives or accomplishments that we can achieve only through cooperation, forget it, we're not going to do it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.