Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

One twin miscarried?

I am 23 years old and when I experienced a miscarriage the doctors told me to come back for a checkup which was today and found out I am still pregnant and the dr told me I was pregnant with twins. They had to go up there and check and take some excess stuff out but when I did my first ultrasound there was no twins ??Is this false information? I’m thinking about suing because I feel I did not get any correct information from my doctor. How does this even happen??

I’m currently now 6 weeks and got my first ultrasound at 4 weeks.

Favorite Answer

I'm not sure about false information, early in pregnancy it can be difficult to tell if there are twins, especially if one is not growing at the same rate as the other (which would account for the miscarriage). It happens sometimes... actually it happens quite often. There's no reason to sue, what were you expecting your doctor to have done? Even if you'd know there was twins beforehand, there's nothing that can be done to stop a miscarriage in it's tracks. 

Oh brother try to sue for that! Sometimes they can only tell if there is one or more babies, all depends how they are in there or their size. Also is it their fault you lost the one nope, where you lifting too heavy, too much straining, stress? Plus maybe the one baby just had a health issue all along! My  mom was pregnant with me and my twin sister,  the doctors 3 different doctors thought there was only one baby because how we were positioned, my mom miscarried my sister, and here I am today, almost 24 years later. So I think you need a reality check and do more research! Not being rude but all you had to do is google can you be pregnant with twins and this came up, surprise, surprise, shows your IQ!!!! https://www.romper.com/p/can-twins-hide-in-ultraso...

I bet it would have been faster to just google your own question, don't you think? Also I hope your baby has a better head on its shoulders when he/she is your age.

I don’t know how far along you are, but it sometimes takes a little while before they can really tell what’s in there. In the beginning it’s just a cluster of cells. I doubt you have a case for a lawsuit but you should definitely keep checking up on your pregnancy and maybe get a second opinion. You wanna make sure you don’t have any more problems with your pregnancy.