Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 weeks ago

Why are so many young women mentally unwell? ?

Is it possible to raise a daughter nowadays that isn't anxious & depressed, or a narcissist, or a psychopath? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Though our media would never admit it there are far more sane people in the world than insane ones. This viral mental illness you elude to is more geographic than age or gender related. A fairly large percentage of people in the streets acting like maniacs are male and many of the total are over 30. Funnily, some cities have no problem with this at all. 

• 3 weeks ago

Yes it's possible.  My daughter and the majority of her friends are mentally well and seem to be reasonably happy.  They are coping reasonably well with all the changes that Covid has bought to their usual School life.

The Key to bringing up 'contented' children who are capable of coping in society is to always answer their questions honestly, give encouragement, teach them empathy, give and take and don't always say 'Yes or No' and tell them your proud and that you love them, even if they get embarressed by it!

• liz
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes it seems that depression rates are soaring but this goes for boys as well as girls. Boys also suffer from the other issues so I don’t know why the question is ignoring that.  I think social media, lack of exercise, these things play a part in it.  

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Simply put, psychopaths are born and sociopaths are made. Doctors don’t officially diagnose people as psychopaths or sociopaths, they use a different term instead, antisocial personality disorder (ASPD), and they share features with narcissistic personality disorder. Narcissism is one of those traits that appears to be programmed into a person’s behavioral repertoire after birth, not before. It’s one of those byproducts of consistent pre-verbal interactions that can shape our adult lives, according to current thought.

Craving connection and control from the womb to the room and the cradle to the grave?

Narcissism is based on two beliefs attributed to infants—omnipotence and limitlessness. Before birth, we spend the better part of a year swimming solo in an environment designed to cater to our every need. This isolation tank provides everything a developing person needs and then we are pushed out of this safe space into a world quite different from what we had known before. Not only does the newly birthed baby’s equilibrium get shaken up like a snow globe, so, too, does that of their caregiver. At no other time in life can the strength or the shortcomings of a person have so much influence as when she takes on the role of primary caregiver to an infant solely dependent on her for their very existence.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Being born female is a curse. No good at anything. Monthly periods. Child birth. Smelling of microwaved tuna. Make-up needed to look attractive. 

Females drew the short straw. 

• 4 weeks ago

There sure is a mental health crisis in teenage girls yeah. At least you’re less likely to find them on a noose or see them in the news for committing a mass shooting. 

I think many females, especially ones my age, have borderline disorder or at least the symptoms that include unstableness in emotions, moods and eating habits. I have this and the way I’d behave back then mirrors how most females casually act. 

Also, feminism stripping kids of essential masculinity that they need growing up. Won’t catch kids in patriarchal countries being hospitalised for self harm and purposely botched suicide attempts like you see from teenage girls here. Many fathers are still either being discriminated against in custody laws or aren’t involved all together, often due to not being aware of his kid or purposely opting out as many males don’t want to take on this responsibility once again, due essential masculinity missing from ones life. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.