Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

My boyfriend's mother was analysing me with a disgusting face and made me feel uncomfortable and then later called me pretty?

So i had i never met her but had a video call with her. She was looking at me with a disgusting face lol... I felt that she wasn't happy with me. But then a few voice calls later she called me beautiful lol so I'm a bit confused...

Gas? Bad eyesight? Cramp in foot? Tourette's tics? Confusing computer problems? Looking at another window on the desktop? You reminded her of a friend 50 years ago?

There are so many reasons she could have been making a face!! Rest your heart and be beautiful as you are.

She may have been having trouble with her vision on the cameras that day, and may have been squinting because of that. I am a middle aged woman and when I am having trouble seeing, I'm shocked to see photos of me that will later reveal the most disgusting expression I had had on my face, that looks like I'm just disgusted with everyone, when it turns out that I'm not disgusted at all, I'm just not seeing things well and the squinting helps that problem. She may have been looking forward to meeting you and been disgusted that she couldn't get a good enough look at you the first time on the zoom camera. I wouldn't read too many worries into it. If she's told you that you are beautiful already take that as a compliment and trust that it is her current view of you, and just love her back.  

Hope all things work out well for you :o)

www.jw.org

thanks for letting us know. continue to let us know how it works out. 

Maybe you interpreted her face one way because you were anticipating some disapproval? Maybe she was being cautious rather than disapproving? 

Maybe it was a look of shock that you were so beautiful. Who knows? Maybe she secretly feels jealous, or maybe you make her feel really old. Try to give her a second chance and see what happens. 

Yes, that's what happened.  She looked at your with a "disgusting face" and later called you beautiful.  I agree.

maybe you should ask her about it