Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Is it normal to get my period twice in one month?

I use birth control. I have the implant in my arm. I’ve had it for years and I usually only get my period once or twice a year. This year I was spotting for three weeks, it stopped for one week. When it came back, I had a heavy flow. Is this normal?

Not for me no! I get my period usually every 30 days not every 28, but it can come early, late or on time! But I am not on birth control, as me and my husband chose not to use it, because we WANTED children we have 5, now my tubes are getting tied next month!

1)  Even with an implant under the skin, you should still be having regular periods every month, not once or twice a year.

2)  The implants under the skin last for 6 months or one year, depending on the type used. I believe you need to see your doctor and have a new implant inserted if you wish to remain on contraception.

i would ask your doctor about it

A period is supposed to come every 28 days.

Since months usually have more than 28 days, if you start at the beginning of the month and have a perfect cycle, you will have 2 periods in one month.