Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

when you're angry at someone do you react/say straight away whats on your mind ?

and play out the scenario in your head and and anticipate their reaction an realise 'hmm maybe in this case I better not say/do that..' ?

whats the word for that,  when you pre-play out something in your head before it may happen and all the different scenarios based on your actions/decisions ?

anyway,  I've played out two main decisions/actions in my head and anticipated the likely outcomes.

I've decided to play it cool as a result of not reacting and saying something in the 'heat of the moment' .

however what if the other person doesn't demonstrate or display this level of intellect or wisdom and fires at you immediately ?

would you 'snap' and return the favor or STILL somehow manage to keep your cool ?

I tend to make a very sarcastic remake undermining what they did or have done like well your really not that much better than me bub. or if it's at myself then i might seriously vocally degrade myself.

When I am angry I respond assertively and try to work things out for the best. There is a righteous anger that can be expressed appropriately and in a non-destructive manner.

I have found that when I 'play out the scenario' in my head, I rarely follow through. However, I have had instances where the person has made me so angry I didn't hesitate to rip into them. Because I'm slow to anger, I never apologise, because I know they had it coming. Why apologise for reacting to something (wrong) someone has done to you? That's hypocritical.

depends on the situation

You CANNOT take control of another person's inappropriate behavior if you lose your cool and don't stay calm.  Remember, you don't have to react immediately and if you raise your voice or act out, you cannot take control of the situation.

You want to confront them with their bad and inappropriate behavior in a way they cannot deny.  Make them face and take responsibility for what they have done and don't take denial of it as an answer.

Remain calm and keep driving your point home.

You're in control.

I think you're thinking of 'pre-meditate' 

no, I like to be passive aggressive.