Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

What do I do now? (Boyfriend trouble)?

My boyfriend has been rude to me, misunderstanding, and cold to me for around 3 weeks now. 

He has told me that I need to fix my depression in order to be with him, so I signed back up for therapy and started some personal self care again to get back on the right track. 

However, it has not even been a week since I started this and he has already told me I am a "stupid woman who is always emotional", "c*nt", and "bad girlfriend". I have cried almost everyday this month since in pretty much every day before this, he's been loving and always tried his best to understand what I'm going through even when it's difficult for him.

I ended up breaking up with him today after he screamed and swore at me for wanting to spend time with him on my birthday. He called me several times and I ended up answering. He told me he was sorry, and he felt like a bad person, and he had taken me for granted. I gave him a few hours to think and he came back and told me he promised he would try to be better about everything.

But...he's promised the same thing before. I told him it was his last chance VERY clearly. I don't want to lose him, and the thought of not having him in my life or even as just a friend makes me tear up. But I can't be treated like this anymore...

I feel like I've done all I can to try and make it better, and I'm so anxious that he won't stick to his word.

"My boyfriend has been rude to me, misunderstanding, and cold to me for around 3 weeks now. " enough to dump any bf. 

"it has not even been a week since I started this and he has already told me I am a "stupid woman who is always emotional", "c*nt", and "bad girlfriend"" Woooaahh. No. no. No no no no no. This is never forgivable. He is insulting you and diminishing you. This is abuse. He's abusing you and abusers don't change.

He will keep promising stuff but it'd be a bad decision to take him back. He's not being a good partner, he's being cruel and mean. No wonders why you are depressed when your bf is like this.

Stay in therapy, work in yourself but for the love of all that's good and holy DON'T GO BACK TO HIM 

maybe you shouldnt go out with him then