Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How do i get rid of hate and attract positive energy?

My repetitive negative experiences over situations I cannot control have made me turn to hatred/bitter towards others especially knowing they’re more successful socially/with the opposite sex etc. Sometimes I have a really releasing good day and it helps. But then the next I’ll tumble back into the bitterness of hate because it feels powerful and addictive. What should I do?

For the record me going through something does not make me Adolf or a Buddhist. I will take the tips though thanks.

I'm not trying to convert you to any religion. I'm just saying that the Buddhists have an approach to unpleasant feelings that you might want to try. It's very simple. If you observe your anger calmly, it's no longer anger. Here's a quote from Thich Nhat Hanh, one of the world's most famous Buddhist monks - "Don't turn away from a feeling that troubles you. Observe it as you meditate on your breath."

Anger is part of life. We all get angry sometimes. So long as we don't hold on to it and it's not connected to a plan to hurt someone, it's nothing but a feeling that comes and goes quickly, like a thunder storm.

A non-profit called Mindful Schools is reducing violence in high-crime neighborhoods by teaching students to choose the most intelligent reactions in stressful situations. The method involves taking at least two slow breaths through the nose. There's a tremendous amount of evidence from laboratory and clinical studies showing that slow breathing is a very fast and effective way to calm down when you're upset.

This has details about therapeutic breathing methods and a variety of good stress management methods. You can't go wrong with stress management. We all need it, and it can make you happier and less angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEM_jlDRZI

Youtube thumbnail

maybe you should get some counseling

• Dv8s

Hitler felt the same way, and you are both right. It does feel powerful and addictive, but it doesn't make it right. You have to force yourself to be more positive.  Once you do, you will start to feel better about yourself.  You will notice others treating you with more respect, then it will get easier.