Anonymous

Any exchange programs outside of college? ?

I'm currently in my 2nd year of college, and I missed the chance to apply for a foreign exchange program (I hesitated too much). 

Currently, I want to go to Japan, which, ASSUMING THAT COVID DOESN'T RESTRICT ME ( and a big big assumption on that), I can go if I want to. 

I am saving up until I have $5,500 to go for a couple weeks or three. 

Since my travel is considered as non-essential, I would probably be restricted because of the virus. 

But my college is doing an exchange program planned for fall 2021. 

Since I missed out on the application, I was wondering if there is a good and trusted exchange program outside of college, where I could meet Japanese people, and improve on my language skills. 

Any helpful comments are appreciated. 

Favorite Answer

Perhaps some universities in Japan offer summer cultural and/or language programs that you could apply for. You don't have enough money. Japan is very expensive! You could go over summer vacation from college for a couple of weeks as a tourist. But its a bit early to count on summer 2021.