Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 4 weeks ago

Do you think that global warming has caused people to have more severe allergies?  [No troll answers, please.]?

• David
    Favorite Answer

I'm aware of two studies that have looked at this:

Recent warming by latitude associated with increased length of ragweed pollen season in central North America

"Here we report that duration of the ragweed (Ambrosia spp.) pollen season has been increasing in recent decades as a function of latitude in North America. Latitudinal effects on increasing season length were associated primarily with a delay in first frost of the fall season and lengthening of the frost free period."

and 

Impacts of climate change on aeroallergens: past and future

"There is now considerable evidence to suggest that climate change will have, and has already had, impacts on aeroallergens. These include impacts on pollen amount, pollen allergenicity, pollen season, plant and pollen distribution, and other plant attributes."

No, I think chem trails have caused the illnesses people are having.

It’s not global warming it’s the weather patterns that increase things like mold, pollen and those pesky dust mites.

No. 

The globe has been warming since the ice age. 

Bring back the ice age!

• Koshka

Allergies are more common in developed countries, perhaps you already heard of the ''hygiene hypothesis'' there was an interesting study that was made in America that compared the percentage of kids raised in average American households and kids from Amish community. It turned out the Amish were less susceptible to develop allergies because of the conditions in which they lived. Amish are very clean people, but kids play in barns, with farm animals, pick wild fruit directly in the field and eat it without washing hands first, etc,. 

Perhaps longer warm seasons could contribute, as David stated. 

On a lighter note, I know there was a silly list of things ''caused'' by global warming, like mad mother-in-laws, poor paint jobs, I'm sorry I can't find it. It was absolutely hilarious.

I think they forgot to add ''more trolls'' to the list! 

If you have severe allergies, consult your doctor.

Why do you keep posting fake questions?

This isn’t a globull worming p.r. board

You can always tell the bogus questions and troll activity.  You see respondents with a bunch of thumbs up or thumbs down. 

David has five thumbs up, but he just posted 30 minutes ago.  Anna has 5 thumbs down, posting 20 minutes ago.No way.  No way.

And yes, I would like to know how David had two studies at his fingertips and posted them within minutes of this question.  He's a civil engineer in Florida.  Virtually no way he just happens to instantly know all this stuff week after week  There's virtually no way he could post within a couple hundred seconds unless he also made the question.

• Totally fake question by sock puppet Dirac.

First of all, user "David" (Dirac sock) just happens to be "aware" of two studies.  He quickly finds them and magically posts them within 6 minutes of the question posting.

Next, the anonymous user chimes in with his dumbass "knowledge seekig" lecture.  That's also Dirac.

Then, 2 thumbs up for each in 15 seconds.  I refreshed my page and counted the seconds.

3 accounts--all of them Dirac!

It would make sense that it may cause allergy season to be extended, due to warmer temps for longer during the year so various plants that people are allergic to would have a longer growing season. I wouldn't call that "more severe".

Note, questions about the respondents (e.g., "Do you think..." )are chat violations here. Always word your questions to be KNOWLEDGE seeking, not asking the personal opinion of the users.

User "Diana" is one of Georgie's many stolen Yahoo accounts.  Look up the Yahoo breech from a few years ago.  Many of those accounts were sold on the black hat market.