Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

Have u ever ended contact with a friend because they were over an hour+ late to every planned hangout & every hangout was a chore?

Favorite Answer

Have you tried telling the person to meet you an hour earlier? However, you use the word "chore," and that's not good. Maybe it's time to let the friend go.

• Jerry

I wouldn't need to end all contact with the person, just stop making any plans in which timeliness was important. Leslie is late everywhere always. So I tell her "Come over 3 pm or a little later and we'll go from my place" and I keep busy with constructive activities that let me break off and leave home on 20 minutes notice. She's never had a problem with "Hi, have a seat and look at a magazine for 20 minutes and we'll go."

Around 5:30 I send her a message: "If you're not here by 6, we'll have to do this some other time." And if she never shows, then so it goes. I haven't been sitting around waiting. During hours between 3 and 6 pm I've done an hour of light housework, ironed fancy dress for Saturday night, done leather conditioning on all my boots, had a nice phone gab with my mom, made itineraries and store lists for errand day, whatever. I didn't let Leslie waste my time. 

If I'm looking for a "meet me at Bistro on the Beach at 6" type outing, then Leslie isn't the person to ask, you know? 

sure did............