Business experiment based on an assumption?

Hello all

So i am thinking about testing an idea i have been floating around in my head, the idea goes as follows:

My intention is to grow a business through acquisitions but first i would like to determine whether it is financially viable, or if it would be better to just hire a certain amount of people to do the same job. The job in question at this point gives no context to the problem so here is a thought experiment: imagine you have a need for 2 things, would you go with option A and hire the required services from 2 different companies, or option B: find a company that can do both regardless of price?

My thinking on this matter leans towards option B, i mean that is what i would personally do plus acquiring a company that focuses on a subject differing from what i do would increase the potential customer base.

So far i can see some of the upsides, but i would like your help in form of feedback as to the downsides or upsides to acquiring a company or feedback of any kind regarding this idea.

Thank you very much for the answers in advance.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

"regardless of price" is not the way to look at anything.  One should evaluate alternatives and options with life cycle economic projections in mind.    

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.