I want to know if there’s a better future with me and my boyfriend?

My boyfriend was messing around all

freshman and sophomore year of high school. He can’t go to collage and he doesn’t want to but he thinks his only option left is the military. I don’t want him to go. Not even that long ago, there was an illegal war going on that we didn’t know about and took so many young lives who didn’t sign up for it. I want to know if there’s better things to do. Better futures than the military. 

I told myself I would never be in a relationship with a man who would only leave me and his family but I love this person. We have a future planned and I couldn’t stand taking it on alone while he’s doing something that could get him hurt. 

An illegal war? That's news to me. Please, expound on that if you have the guts. Here's a wake-up call for you, there has been no draft (conscription) since 1972. Anyone signing up for the military since September 2001, have known they could very well be going into harms way. It's only been the last 4 years now that hasn't been necessarily the case. 

It sounds like your boyfriend is only know beginning to take a serious look at his life and his prospects. Either provide him with some good alternative career decisions or support him in what he has planned so far. 

I noticed you haven't said anything about how he' been doing in his Junior year. This being said, if he's re-evaluating his education now, he still could turn it around, including going to community college. 

where was this illegal war  and who was involved?

• ?

I don't think you have any worries as to your b/f enlisting. If he "messed around" in HS and can't get into a college, my estimate is that he won't be able to pass the entrance exam to the US military (ASVAB). Besides that, you should dump someone who doesn't share your values. Get rid of him ASAP for your own good and future peace of mind.

• Mrsjvb

Bottom line: it’s not your call.

Aside from your laughable erroneous assumptions, if he wants to enlist, that’s his choice.  Not yours.

So decide:  are you willing to support him no matter what path in life he chooses, or not?  If not, then do him a favor and break it off now.  You are either strong enough to be a military spouse, or you aren’t.