Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

What do you say when asked “why do you want to work with us”?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Daisy
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Be sure to do some homework- what kind of company are you apply to?

What is their mission?  What kind of job are you applying for?

Once you find that out, work out a good answer.  Something like..

I am intrigued by your company and its mission.  I want to help the world (let's say the company manufactures PPE).   I feel it's important to give back to the community and I think it's possible with your company.  (or something like that).

You need to do your homework first.  Don't try to wing it. That will be obvious!

• 4 weeks ago

Why would you turn up at an interview without knowing why you would want to work for that company? Why did you apply in the first place?

• 4 weeks ago

I just tell them the truth. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If you're in a job interview you should have done some research on the employer so you could BS your way through talking how great they are and how much you respect what they do. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i would just tell them they sound like they would be fun to work for

• 4 weeks ago

Step one:  You compliment the company and its reputation

Step two:  You compliment the people who work there

Step three:  You identify the position your are seeking as a challenge and starting off point where you can build a career (even if you have to lie to do so).  If it is a small company, you compliment the benefits of working for a small company.

Step four:  You conclude that anyone who is chosen to fulfill the position is lucky to get it.

And if you have balls the size of Texas ...

Step five:  You ask them specifically for the job in a way that demands an answer.  It takes guts to ask because people tend to think if the answer is no, that is the end of that.  But it isn't.  It is much like a salesman asking for the sale after the sales pitch.  Some of the most experienced sales people forget to do this, or chicken out.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

This is the time to throw out some facts about the business.  Answer with "because you're company is the leading company in this city" or something similar.  Do a little research beforehand so you can impress the interviewer with your knowledge of the company.

• 4 weeks ago

Something such as "I feel my skills and personality would make me a good fit for the job".

• Jerry
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Oh, those stupid job interview questions!

"What is your greatest weakness?"

"My willingness to work late."

Yeah, right.

If the job interview included "Why do you want to work with us?" I'd respond with something like "Because it's a win-win. I get the opportunity to do work I find satisfying and remunerative while you get an employee with an unusual and valuable skills set whose priority is job satisfaction rather than maximum compensation." 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.