Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 4 weeks ago

If wearing a mask will solve covid, why are cases around the world sharply rising right now?  I thought everyone was wearing masks?

Not everyone is wearing masks.

It is amazing how many people are not wearing face masks.

Masks discourage transmission - gas masks would be better, but not economically feasible. So, for now, they're the next best defense to isolating yourself. 

The idea behind the masks is to slow down transmission enough that the hospitals can try to save as many people as possible. 

There is no greater crime than Trump has done in stealing the trust and abandoning the people to let this plague wash over the country. 

How can anyone think of anything but COVID, COVID, COVID at a time like this? When a thousand of our family, friends, and neighbors died yesterday, and every day, needlessly, in pain, long before their time, without their loved ones nearby? 

Trump failed to do his one job: Protect us. 

Come out of the darkness, dear one. Please stop wasting your God-given time, talent and treasure on that misguided sadistic psychopath named Donald J Trump.

• david

But "everyone" is not wearing masks. Just look at any rump rally. As the cuckroaches move around, spreading their disease to others, good people are forced to suffer and die. The US is but a microcosm for the world at large. 

It's because a lot of people sadly are not wearing masks or social distancing or taking any precautions and people are still going out and about. I only either stay home or go to my immediate family's house and only go anywhere else if I have to. I don't go to restaurants or bars or shopping stores. I do have to go to grocery stores, but I don't go to any other stores. Plus, I feel I'd rather stay home or at my family's house because the less I have to wear that uncomfortable mask the better. 

The purpose of ordinary people wearing masks is to limit the range and quantity of virus expelled from the mouth by people who are or might be infected. Only a surgical mask will stop it. So wearing masks combined with social distancing appreciably reduces the spread of the virus. Outbreaks of the disease in Europe at least have been associated with people failing to wear masks and social distance, particularly indoors, by crowding into bars and nightclubs and holding house parties and illegal music events for example.

you thought wrong.

Peace.

If you don't use the mast correctly, it doesn't matter. I always saw people taking out the mask in public while touching other things and then putting back on the face, I always seeing people using the same mask all day instead of changing it, I always seeing people leaving the mask on places where doesn't have any hygiene. 

Wearing masks doesn't "solve" Covid.    It helps prevent new infections.

No, not everyone is wearing a mask.    It's not even required in some places.

Even in places where it's required, how do you think any of these employees eat lunch with a mask on or have a drink of water with a mask on?     They don't.

And even the people who wear masks, any are doing it wrong.   You can't walk through a grocery store without seeing people take off the mask to talk on the phone, sneeze (really!), smell the raspberries, etc. 

Masks work.   There's a reason surgeons wear them.   It keeps their patients from contracting infection.    But they have to be used correctly and consistently.

I keep telling people not to wear masks and the idiots believe me! MAGA!