What will you do if you are threatened with death?

Threatened with Death

It was Easter Sunday, 1973. Uganda groaned under the terror of Idi Amin. Still fresh in young Pastor Kefa Sempangi’s memory was a face burned beyond recognition, the sight of soldiers cruelly beating a man, and the horrible sound of boots crushing bones—all for the crime of being a Christian. But Easter of 1973 Pastor Sempangi bravely and openly preached on the risen Lord in his town’s football stadium to over 7,000 people. After the service, five of Idi Amin’s Secret Police followed Sempangi back to his church and closed the door behind them. Five rifles pointed at Sempangi’s face. “We are going to kill you for disobeying Amin’s orders,” said the captian. “If you have something to say, say it before you die.” Sempangi, thinking of his beautiful wife and lovely little girl, began to shake. But the risen Lord living in his heart gave him the courage to speak. “Do what you must,” he said. “The Word of God says that in Christ I am already dead, and that my real life is hidden with Him in God. It is not my life that is in danger, but yours. I am alive in the risen Lord but you are still dead in your sins. May He spare you from eternal destruction.”

The leader looked at Sempangi for a long time. Then he lowered his gun and said, “Will you pray for us?” Sempangi did, and those five officers, were converted through the witness of Sempangi’s bravery. They also became his protectors.

If there is a death in my dream, I will wake up and wash my face, laugh at it and move on. We must realize that dreams are dreams, they are not real. And if there is a threat of me dying in my dream, why worry about it? Because anyway one day I am going to die. So what is the point of worrying? I should know that death happens at its appointed time. Death is in the hands of the Divine. I can't escape from death and it will come when it has to come. Let me focus on living, this is my attitude. Not to worry about death but rather to live life moment by moment.

i will let the person kill me. my life is worthless anyway.

sometimes pictures speak far louder than words

What a marvellous testimony.  If we can only trust our Lord when we are in bad situations, I know He will come through for us.  God always causes all things to work together for good, to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Nobody can say it would be easy to go through martyrdom but I hope I would have the presence of mind and strength to trust in God's Holy Spirit in me and STAND FOR CHRIST 

Well. I, for one, would not post utter lies on a Y!A site.

What complete buIIshit.

"and those five officers, were converted through the witness of Sempangi’s bravery."

So how many minutes did they survive once their superiors found they had disobeyed a direct order?

THAT is how we know it is total BuIIshit Daniel.

An interesting story.

It would be nice to see it reported on some site NOT dedicated to Christian evangelism.

Also nice to know how five soldiers could protect a person from an entire army.

Would you be so kind as to post an update to a link with more details?

Try to take as many of them with meas I can, I guess

• Jake

A person can better prepare to meet God by reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity.

• Bill-M

Lock and Load and blow the B........ away.

I would hope to be willing to do the same, which would only be by God’s influence in the Holy Spirit. We proclaim events that were not in distant past of those who wrote about them, but of Jesus, who was known to those who built His Church, even when His corpse could be shown had He not been resurrected.