Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPlayStation · 1 month ago

Is buying a 150-200 dollar ps3 worth it in 2020?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

If the $150 to $200 price tag is for the stand alone PS3 with 1 or 2 controllers then no it isn’t. $80 to $100 tops if its that. 

If the console has at least a minimum 2 controllers with at least a few dozen games, with at least one of them being a expensive hard to find game(s), then maybe it will justify such a price point.

Also another thing is that the PS3 will have to have at least a bare minimum 500GB worth of storage space. 

As well as the cables for the controllers. 

• Will
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Oh hell no! Not for that price. I wouldn't buy one for $100. Maybe $60.

The PS3 will never gain value, only lose it. Unlike offline consoles prior to the PS3 and Xbox 360, the PS3 and 360 will only decrease in value as they become forgotten. They are modern consoles whose ability to play online renders them obsolete as gamers forget about them to use the more recent gen with an obviously larger playerbase. And since Xbox has backwards compatibility, the 360 has been rendered obsolete to the max. The only reason to play a PS3 these days is to play the campaigns of old games only available on PS3. 

I would not buy a PS3 for over $100 because its usefulness is extremely limited.

• 1 month ago

Buying a PS3 is worth it if there are games on it that you'll want to play.

I'm not sure that $150 or $200 is a good price to buy one.  Seems high.

Gamestop sells pre-owned units ranging from $80 to $120 depending on the model and storage space.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-3...

Unless that $200 comes with games, that's a bad price.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.