How can we reduce our extremely large property tax if I live with mommy in Illinois and our combined annual income is $84,000?

1 Answer

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

    Your household income has nothing to do with property taxes owed. The property's assessed value and the tax rate where it's located determine that.

    If you can't handle the burden, you can ask for a re-assessment of the house's value, especially if you think it's far too high.

    But the only guarantee of a reduced tax is to move to a place with less tax, either a home with a lower assessed value or in a place with less taxes, or both.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.