Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

I helped my family when I they needed it and now when I need it they don't want to help me?

Did you ever experience this and what did you do about it?

Back when I was still a little kid my big brother always used to ask me for money because our mom gave money to me. Now when I asked him for 200 he said he doesn't have it even though he just bought a new car and rented a new place.

And my mom, I spent hundreds of hrs caring for her in the hospital after her stroke and even AFTER she got released. Literally NO ONE checked up on her because she is a complete narcissist..! Everybody in my family is!! I sacrificed my high school senior year to take care of her! Just recently she got sent back to the hospital again and I had to be the one to take her home! My brother didnt even want to come with me! I'm sick of it. My mom showed me she has 3k in her purse the other day to brag about it. Now I ask her for 200 to pay for my car insurance and phone bill and she said "oh I'm not sure I can give you 200 because I ordered medicinal herbs from people". I said bullsh*t, if you don't want to give me 200 just say so! F*ck this family! I f*cling sacrificed everything for them and they cant even help pay for my phone bill and car insurance for ONE MONTH. IM GOING TO GET PAID 3.5K/MO I TOLD HER I COULD PAY HER BACK I JUST NEED MONEY FOR THIS MONTH. F*CK THIS SH*T

maybe you should move out if youre living with them

• T J

Time to walk away from the entire family and never look back.  Let your brother take care of Mom, you have done more that your share. Why are you paying her medical bills? Let her go on assistance. No more of your money to any of them. they are unappreciative of your help that you have done. No no more time to take care of yourself.

Look, I get that your family is a bunch of jerks, but you should've realized this a long time ago. Why don't you just accept that this is what they are and act accordingly. Break off contact, or at least meaningful contact with them if that helps. Next time your mother needs you, she is on her own - to a point. Don't waste time asking your brother for anything, he won't give it, so don't help him either. And if you are getting paid 3.5k soon, just pay the bills late and budget better knowing you are on your own. I agree your family is a bunch of jerks, from what you have said, but you should've expected this.