If I go to nursing school (bsn) full time  can i still work as a cna? If, no are there any other options? ?

I've heard of a girl who did this but i dont know her personally and wanted to know more about it

• edward

Possible?  Yes.  Suggested?  No.  It is very hard to do.  I was working as a lifeguard and bartender when i was taking my BSN and i was always exhausted.  You’ll get burnt out

Yes, if your CNA job is willing to accommodate your class and clinical schedule. I know a woman who was able to work a couple night and/or weekend CNA shifts part-time while going to school full-time for her BSN.

The key here is that if you want to be an RN, you really need to focus your time and energy on doing well in your nursing classes and eventually your clinical sessions.  It would be very hard to work 40-hours a week and also handle a 15 credit hour schedule of academic classes.  

• Alex

I worked two jobs while in college going for a mathematics degree.  It was tough but I had to if I wanted to do things like take a shower and eat.  As long as you prioritize school and juggle your work schedule around it, it is really none of their business whether you work or not.  In fact, I personally have never known someone to go to college and NOT work.

Maybe. First it depends on what your program allows--many curtail/limit the amount of work time, second it depends on how well you do handling both, third, it depends on how flexible your employer is.