Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 weeks ago

I miss my period this month but I’m not pregnant what might be another reason?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

It just means you have a late period. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

A missing period usually means that you have not ovulated on time.  A period happens about 14 days after ovulation.

If you ovulate and pregnancy does not happen - you will get the period.

If you do not ovulate - your period will be late or completely missing.  (it is possible to have periods without ovulation - but in most cases, missing ovulation means missing the period - women who reach menopause stop having periods because they stop ovulating.)

The problem with late ovulation is that you could still become pregnant even though you should have been past your fertility window.  The late ovulation would change when fertility is likely.

This means you need to test for pregnancy at least once every two weeks until you either get a positive test or a period.  (unless you are not sexually active.)

If your period remains missing or you start having other symptoms, then contact your doctor.  Late ovulation can happen for many reasons.  Stress, illness, changes in diet, changes in exercise routines, weight loss or weight gain are among some of the reasons that can cause your period to be late.  But remember - what is actually late is ovulation.  The period will happen if ovulation has happened.  

• Spence
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

You're actually a man.

• J
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Stress, poor diet, excessive exercise, or other gynecological issues

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Malnutrition could cause it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.