Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

What should I do about these two men?

I met this one guy online last year in July we have been talking for over a year now. He and I live four hours away we haven't actually met though. But we are planning to meet in January he actually did try to meet me in person while he was in my state. But I couldn't because I was busy. I asked him if he just wanted a hookup or just sex and he said no.

This morning I got a message from a guy who I hooked up with once last year. He said his girlfriend is leaving him in six months to move to another state to live her life without out him. And that he hopes that he can see me. This was after he said he thought we shouldn't go out anymore. I had been trying to talk to him for a while but he left me on read. And now all of a sudden he wants to see me. I asked him why he changed his mind about seeing me. After he said he didn't want to again. He said because he didn't want to cheat on his girlfriend. But now that she's leaving he wants to see me again.

Should I go still meet the guy who lives four hours away? Or should I start talking to this other guy again?

T-half - I wasn't his first choice last year? I guess you didn't read the part where I mentioned that I asked him to be friends with benefits. 

• T-half
    Favorite Answer

A couple questions:

Do you want to date a guy on the rebound?  

Do you see yourself moving?

You've been talking to the first guy since July of last year.  I would say, Yes, go meet him.  You've hit it off. Is there any chance you would move to his State or he to your State?  If not, you could still be long distance friends.

The other guy seems lonely. 

He started talking to you while he had a girl friend. You weren't his first choice last year.