What does this mean if your “notifications” show that someone has answered your question but when you go to it, it’s not there?
Is this a glitch or would the person have deleted their answer or got reported for it?
- .Lv 71 month agoFavorite Answer
There are a few reasons this might happen:
1. The answer was deleted by the user who posted it.
2. It was reported as a violation by enough users to get it removed from the display.
3. The spam filter has it (some mistakenly call it shadow banning, but it is not any form of banning) and only shows up for the user who posted it. An edit or few to the answer may get it to show up for others, but if the OP doesn't realize no one else can see it, they don't know they need to edit it (or ask about the issue to get the information about editing it). This happens to me often if I edit an answer (it will disappear from view for everyone but me, and many edits may or may not make it visible again).
- Anonymous4 weeks ago
someone may of answered your question and then decided to delete it. some on here love to answer every question because they have nothing better to do and you can not know everything. they are not perfect
- Weasel McWeaselLv 71 month ago
they later deleted their answer,
or trolls deleted it for them.
- ?Lv 71 month ago
When I get a legit notification then it tells me who posted it (or anonymous) and what the answer was. If it doesn't then it's glitch. Sounds like you are again inventing things to complain about.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- DanielLv 71 month ago
If you see Answers in Notifications but not the Question its Due to the Answer got Reported and
Deleted after the Notification for it was Sent out Yahoo does not update there Notification when
Someone's Answer gets Removed
- Anonymous1 month ago
Spam filter. The answer becomes ghosted because a word or a link has flagged the spam filter.
- CarolOklaLv 71 month ago
Most likely the answer was reported. Any of the those is possible. Or the spam filter.
- OliveLv 71 month ago
They either deleted their answer or a glitch of some kind