Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

chance of pregnancy?

I had protected sex, we used a condom, on the last day of my period on September 6th 2020.

I’ve had a full period since then at the beginning of October. Haven’t had sex since then. it was possibly a little lighter than usual but it was 5 days and was most definitely a real period and not any spotting or anything like that. 

I have a lot of anxiety, and although I know my pregnancy chance is like none I’m worried I might be despite being educated (anxiety sucks lol)

expecting my next period in like a week or two. At this point its been almost 2 months and as I said I've had a period after my last time having sex. 

Do you think I could be pregnant, or is this just all my anxiety! just looking for some reassurance. 

Zero.

As you know, a period is when your body sheds the lining of your uterus because no egg implanted.  Pregnancy/conception can only occur with sperm and egg meet.  No sperm means no chance of pregnancy since your last period.

Cycles are not always the same. The can be longer, shorter, lighter, and or heavier from month to month.

Anxiety, stress of other kinds, diet, body fat percentage, hormonal imbalance, and several other medical conditions can delay or stop a period from happening.  If you are concerned, contact an ob/gyn and go in for an exam.  They can rule out or diagnose all of these things so you can stop worrying.

Also, it is time to deal with your anxiety if you are allowing it to override your logical thinking and knowledge.  

You got your period since you last had sex, so you definitely aren’t pregnant. If you’re that anxious about it, I suggest you avoid having sex in the future. You are being completely irrational!

i would go see your doctor about it

Zero chance.    

go see your doctor about it

If it has been more than 21 days since the last time you had sex - a pregnancy test would be accurate.

If you can't believe a period - maybe you can believe a negative pregnancy test.