It's easy to say "Yeah them Catholics are wrong" but how do you persuade family, go against family tradition & an established organization?

What is your step by step realistic guide for making Christians come to true terms of what you believe is the correct understanding of the Bible - "Saved by grace through faith alone". How can an individual who believes that they are right help other believers that may have misinterpreted the bible or even be guided by the Devil to believe in what you believe. History usually shows that there is a war or fight that happens before one dominates and establishes what they think is right or important over the other person's beliefs. So must that happen on a person level to make people believers?

Favorite Answer

Jesus speaking

Matthew 10:34-39 KJV — Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

"What is your step by step realistic guide for making Christians come to true terms of what you believe is the correct understanding of the Bible"

Just share Gods word and leave the rest to him.

Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you. First of all, we're saved by Jesus Christ, through his grace alone. Granted, a modicum of faith is necessary for salvation, but that's up to Jesus alone, to judge.That, and the fact that the Bible didn't even exist for the first four hundred years of authentic Christianity; plus the fact that Catholics wrote the entire New Testament of the Bible, would seem to make your task not only contrary to the true faith, as personally founded by Jesus Christ, but also, quite impossible. 

So... you want to get catholics to break with the tradition of following what you believe is a false set of beliefs - in order to take on a set of beliefs that you believe are true?

Despite the fact that your set of beliefs doesn't have any more evidence to support it than theirs does?

Good luck with that.

No, it would be hard to say "them" are wrong.  It's offensive to the ear.  And if you think Catholics are wrong, that's just your opinion.

• Mike

I don't, its not my job to educate anyone on the Bible.  That is up to the church. 

"what you believe is the correct understanding" - your belief doesn't mean its true.

• Archer

It is called 'growing up' and making your own decisions in life.

Every religion has piles of words which they CLAIM prove that their perception of THE INFINITE is the ONLY valid perception.  it would be VERY INTERESTING for you to post an update as to how you came to believe that YOUR favourite God is TOO F[intercourse]ING STUPID to think up more than ONE valid Pathway to the Happy Place.

How about producing some testable, repeatable, consistent evidence tat your God actually exists?

But if you can't do that, PLEASE explain how you came to believe that your God ain't all that bright.

The ROMAN Catholic Church was set up By the Pagan Constantine who was also a Pagan Pope

I don't have a step by step realistic guide for making Christians come to true terms of what I believe is correct.

I don't have the hubris to think that I know that utter and absolute truth and that those with different beliefs are guided by the Devil.

As the Bible says, we all learn precept upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little, there a little.

You may find, if you get rid of the ego, that you might actually learn from others.