Dream Readers/paranormal experts ?

Don't know if any one can help me with this situation but I'm just curious to find out!

This morning around 3am-4am the weirdest thing happened to my husband & I While sleeping. Basically I was dreaming I was looking at houses on my computer and my husband starts tapping really hard on my screen (IN MY DREAM) I woke up in a Panic at the exact same time my husband woke up in a panic saying He felt someone tapping his feet! 

we don't have cats or dogs or kids. & We where sleeping in front of a mirror if that has anything to do with it.

we also looked outside the windows and door to see if someone was knocking. 

No our home is not known to be haunted or anything of that nature. So if any one has experienced something similar or know about something please let me know. Thank you.

• ?

Sounds really creepy.  Sounds like you have a dog that is seriously ill.  Dogs and other animals don't have an ability to reason.  When they begin to pass on they will possess and haunt.  The worse demons are animals.  That is why it is important not to ignore them and allow them to pass in your home.  If the dog is that ill, it needs to be put down.  Animals that haunt can not be talked out like humans.  

That doesn't sound very paranormal, and no the mirror has nothing to do with it.  It sounds like you were both dreaming, and dreams aren't very paranormal.

The problem with professional dream interpreters is very simple:  Dream interpreting is not a profession.  There are no licensed or registered dream interpreters, they don't pass any exams or attend any courses, they just call themselves experts.  Same with paranormal investigators.  

couldn't this simply be that you woke up screaming in a panic from your nightmare, and that as you woke your screaming caused your husband to wake and ascribe the sensation of "foot-tapping" as the cause for his own panic? 

I am not a doctor nor making a medical diagnosis and I don't know anything about you or your husband's age & weight & health, but for my money I would bet on the on-set of type 2 diabetes in your husband's "foot tapping" experience. 

My own elderly father used to complain about the "animals" that were snuggling in around his feet at night & how they would wake him up, but try as he might he never caught a glimpse of them. 

Its associated with diabetic neuropathy or nerve damage due to uncontrolled high blood sugars that remains poorly controlled. In the feet, diabetic neuropathy is associated with poor blood circulation, dry & damaged skin, calluses & ulcers, numbness, pain, and injuries.  If left untreated it can change the shape of your feet, deforming them so they no longer fit into regular shoes.  

The seemingly simultaneous awakening was most likely just coincidental. 

Or it was a prophetical dream warning you to sell your home & move? 

Or a ghost, deity, demon, angel, or extraterrestrial with a foot fetish?    

Sorry, but I would recommend exhaust all "natural", "normal", or "terrestrial" causes before jumping to the "supernatural", "paranormal", or "extraterrestrial" possibilities. 

There had to be a link of some kind between the two of you. Before thinking of paranormal, think normal first. It was probably a sound of some sort and your minds translated it as tapping on his feet and tapping on your screen. Even now, if my alarm goes off, I think it is a fire alarm or police siren as it joins in with whatever I am dreaming about. I go with Jon on this one.

• j153e

According to dream experts "tapping" is a form of telepathy.  Source:  "Watch Your Dreams" by Ann Ree Colton, who did much dream symbol research.

It is generally assumed that interfering with another's will is not ethical.

So, either you and your husband were telepathically communicating, or perhaps there was a bird in the middle of the night tapping on your window and/or husband's feet (or other physical items), or a spirit.

"Houses" are a general symbol of consciousness ("And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever").  Computers are a dream symbol of information.  Also, you may have simply been expressing an interest in finding a new home, and your husband's feet were being alerted to the possibility of moving :-) 

• Mr. P

One bad dream of freaky event does not make your place haunted.

It's when you are afraid to go to sleep because of the constant activity that you need to sort it out.

This time of year you may get visits from past family members but I wouldn't worry about it.

But my husband was not dreaming of tapping he felt something tapping his feet. Reason he woke up in a panic 

• Jon

Presumably some repetitive sound which suggested tapping was audible in your bedroom and coincidentally inspired both of you to have dreams involving tapping. There are many possible sources of such sounds, such as air in pipes, one of you snoring, a bird tapping it's beak on the window, etc.