Rqse asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

I’m trying to join the army, I scored a 30 on the Asvab. Missed it by one.I also speak 2 languages English and Arabic. Can I get a wavier?

My first time I took the test I got a 42 on the picat but they enrolled me into the full Asvab and got a 28, the second time I took it I got a 30. Is there a possible waiver that I could maybe get or no? If there’s no waiver then I can possibly retake it in a month but I’m worried I might score lower to not qualify for cat 4 program. Any suggestions?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

FLAT OUT LYING about fluency in English will never be eligible for a waiver.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No waivers on the ASVAB. However, you can take some remedial classes in English and math at your local community college to boost your scores. That's what Mrsjvb suggested and that's the answer to your problem.

• 1 month ago

You need at least 50 to be able to join the military these days.  You are way off.  It is set at a grade 10 level - study grade 10 stuff!

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They won’t waste the time and money giving you the Test a third time.

They dont need to grant waivers either.  So unless you are going for Translator, the only way you will get another shot is if you take some remedial English and Math classes first

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.