Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

my gf accidently sent me a txt msg which was meant to be a reply to someone elses ?

and it read "lol youre so bad [embarrased emoji]"

my pals said that's suspicious,  2 of them said it looked suspicious and they'd ask her what that meant.  the other 2 said without concrete evidence or solid proof its just that, suspicion and sometimes suspicions can destroy relationships when you're dead wrong.

i'm kind of annoyed about it and have tried to overlook it and forget it but its still there in the back of my mind,  'what if shes cheating?'

maybe you girls can shed some light onto this, what do you think, is this innocent and am I jumping to conclusions ? am i being over paranoid about it ?  or are these grounds on which to confront her about it and ask her who that reply was to ?

I am not a jerk and would not damage our relationship by spying on her or going through her phone as we both expect each other not to behave that way. 

But I do wonder what that txt msg was all about, and need some advice on what to do. Ask her about it or forget about it ? what would you advise me to do ?

I'd ask her about it. Don't mention that you show her txts to you to all your friends and ask their opinions though because that's cause for her to break up with you and distrust you

• Alan H

That sounds nothing like a text to someone she has any interest in.  More like an obnoxious contact 

• blank

I would advise NOT to over think this NOR get paranoid about it.

There are LOADS of perfectly innocent scenarios for such a text.  Example:  She meant to send it her g/f that just share some exploits with her that she was not really comfortable with.

There is no reason you cannot ask her - "so what was up with that mis-text?"  IF you do ask, just listen to the response.

All this will come down to do you really trust her or not.  IF the answer is you don't - you really should not be wasting your time with someone you alredy do not trust.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

• T J

Do not ask her, but keep a eye on her, look for changes out of the usual, signs she may be cheating. that text would make me wonder what and who she is doing. Id even follow her in another friends car, see where she goes,and with who...Im leaning to her cheating or about to start cheating.  I have been cheated on, and i watched it go on for a few months before I confronted them both in my bed. I saw the signs and watched what was changing, BS stories,I knew better, because I watched her go out and meet him. But she told me she was tired and was staying in. sure she was....right to the other guy. So, dont forget about this, it stinks.

Without context there is NO way to even guess.

As she sent it to you, you are free to ask...."clearly not meant for me, who was it for"?

It would be perfectly natural for you to ask

DONT jump to conclusions