Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

My buddies and I are worried about our friend and his new relationship, do our concerns seem valid?

He was talking to this woman at the beginning of the new year. She just got out of a relationship with her ex in December. Our friend is a hopeless romantic and this is a pretty lady, we're all in our early 20s and him and his girlfriend are 23. She went right from the relationship with her ex to the relationship with our buddy with about 1 month in between. Her ex was the one who lost interest in her and she was heartbroken and was actually talking to our buddy (her current bf) for emotional support.

The troublesome thing is that she is almost flaunting the relationship with him to make her ex jealous. She had my buddy make a pinterest and dedicate a board to her, she posts all the photos of him taking her away for the weekend, the gifts he gave her for valentines day. She said he was the love of her life after dating for 4 months! She doesn't have a job, she's an unpaid intern and he pays for everything because she's a student. She still posts on her pinterest that she's heartbroken, missing someone, trying to pick up the pieces of her life after her breakup, while she's dating my buddy.

Just to add to the craziness she's now pregnant with our buddies baby after 8 months of dating, she lives with her parents, has no savings and graduates in June. The final suspicious thing is that her ex is obsessed with Harry Potter, he has a harry potter tattoo and this girl made a pinterest board of all harry potter clothes for babies. It seems like she is trying to make him jealous.

Yeah. Lots of reason for concern. Your friend is a 23 year old man who didn't use  birth control and got a woman he's known less than a year pregnant with his child. I suggest that HIS behaviors are as suspect as hers are. He's going to have to deal with this woman and child for the rest of his life. You can be worried but, if he needs it, please also try to be supportive. She didn't get pregnant on her own! This isn't something she did to him. It's also very much something he did to her.